Giving to Calvary
Sharing our resources with other Christians and those in need has been a central part of Christianity since the very first days of the early church. Part of our worship is expressed in giving back to the Lord from the income with which He has blessed us.
We often hear the expression “if this ministry’s been a blessing to you, we’d appreciate your support”. While this is certainly a logical response, our giving should be more than simply “paying for services”; our offerings are first to bless and honor God, and second to support and participate in the ministry of the gospel.
Gifts and donations to Calvary are used to further God’s kingdom in many ways. Support for the ministry enables our ongoing outreaches through:
- Radio programming
- Internet broadcasting and services
- Bible teaching & messages offered at no cost
- Local ministry through men and women freed up to serve
- Manna Ministry food donations to those in need
- Prison ministries, prison pen pal outreach, teaching materials for inmates
- Angel Tree Christmas outreach to inmate’s families
- Support for foreign missions
- Financial aid for crisis situations
- Local street ministry to feed homeless
- Kids at risk mentoring program
- Support groups for addictions, grieving, divorce and other needs
The Bible teaches that Christians should give (1) regularly, (2) from the first part of our earnings, (3) in proportion to our income, (4) cheerfully, and (5) freely, not as a result of compulsion or pressure.